Basic Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle Inspection Course
30-31 July and 1st August 2018,
3 Day NON RESIDENTIAL TRAINING
NALEO is once again facilitating this popular training course via the services of Mr Phil Waterman of PW Automotive Training Ltd. The venue this time is at the Colwyn Bay Civic Offices of Conwy CBC in North Wales.
This course is limited to a maximum number of 12 candidates and six spaces have already been taken before we have been able to advertise the course and the HABC-Accredited qualification.
In addition this course requires candidates to pre-read the assessment and course manual so early booking is recommended if candidates are to successfully engage with the course and achive a pass grade so as to claim the award. Nayone seeking to book the course should contact John Thompson initially via firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims: To give candidates:
- A recognised qualification that will assist in them performing their daily tasks of Vehicle Inspection in a safe and professional manner;
- An appreciation of various motor vehicles used as Hackney Carriage or Private Hire with regard to their serviceability;
- The opportunity to undertake practical examinations of various vehicles used for Hackney Carriage or Private Hire purposes;
- The necessary tools so that they can make judgements regarding the roadworthiness of vehicles for hire.
- At the end of the programme the candidate will be able to: -
- Make an informed decision as to the roadworthiness of vehicles used for the purpose of carrying fare-paying passengers.
- Make judgements as to the severity of faults found and to take appropriate measures to ensure the defects are corrected quickly and efficiently
- Use the necessary regulations to prohibit vehicles from continuing to operate as either Private Hire or Hackney carriages if they are found to be defective or dangerous.
On this occasion the course costs are:
Payable to PW Automotive Training Ltd- Tutor services and assessment verification = £415-00 plus 20% VAT
Payable to NALEO-registration and issue of HABC Accredited vocational qualification= £125-00 Zero % VAT